Anyone who works on an airport's snow removal team knows how critical it is for every step to go smoothly. With each passing minute, you risk further cancelled or delayed flights, safety issues, and a well choreographed response gone awry because something—no matter how minor—took a wrong turn and impacted the rest of the line.
The title of this Wired article from 2016 put it best: "It Takes Crazy Effort to Clear Snow From Airport Runways."
Fortunately, we've come a long way since then.
Snow removal teams, meet SnowBOSS.
What is SnowBOSS?
SnowBOSS is an extension of Leonardo’s AeroBOSS™ Runway Incursion Warning System (RIWS) designed specifically for snow removal team operations. SnowBOSS provides RIWS capabilities that are fully compliant with the FAA Advisory Circular 150/5210-25.
WHAT SNOWBOSS CAN DO FOR YOU
Our technology gives you the ability to closely monitor and coordinate all the vehicles that are involved in snow and ice removal. In doing so, you can:
- Improve the safety of your vehicle operations in reduced visibility
- Optimize convoy operations
- Mitigate runway incursions
- Reduce unnecessary RIWS alerts
- Alert your supervisors when a vehicle enters an active runway safety area
- Perform real-time fleet and flight tracking on multiple mobile platforms