AeroBOSS™ Runway Incursion Warning System (RIWS)
Make runway areas safer for all vehicles.
The AeroBOSS Runway Collision Alerting System (RCAS) is an integrated module of the AeroBOSS Runway Incursion Alerting System (RIWS) that provides an added level of safety for vehicles operating near a runway during flight operations.
The module leverages the FAA’s ASDE-X/ASSC surveillance system to proactively notify a vehicle operator that an arriving aircraft is on final approach or that a departing aircraft is on the runway in immediate proximity. Visual indicators on the moving map display or through the dashboard alerting LED system, provide drivers with clear and unobtrusive indications that an aircraft is operating within the Runway Safety Area (RSA) or is about to occupy the RSA as an arrival. When in the event that a ground vehicle operates with an aircraft-occupied RSA, the system automatically generates an alert on the AeroBOSS Web Display an can create an event in third party Safety Management Systems (SMS) for further documentation. The RCAS system is available as an optional module to airports with FAA ASDE-X/ASSC systems or Leonardo’s ADS-B receiver.
Value beyond Runway Incusion Prevention
- ASDE-X Data Display
- Built-in vehicle tracking
- Integrated GIS Engine
- Unlimited number of map data layers
- Command and Control Capabilities integrated with Safety Management Systems (SMS)
- Quick search capability to find location of flights and vehicles on the airport
- One-way messaging to drivers
- Displays arrival and departure information and NOTAM data
- Unlimited number and types of driver alerts and alert areas