Sr. Test Engineer
Responsible for developing, evaluating and maintaining functions related to testing of products at the circuit card assembly, module and unit level. The Test Engineer will serve as the technical liaison between manufacturing and engineering for manufacturing test activities. The Test Engineer will spend a considerable amount of time on the production floor supporting legacy, current and new products. This position will recommend and develop test philosophy and procedures on new products. The Test Engineer will provide troubleshooting support, recurring problem detection, root cause analysis and resolution for manufacturing test issues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop standardized production test philosophy, methodology and processes for new product development and re-design of existing product
- Actively participate in new product development and reviews. Recommend design attributes and features required to make the product repeatably testable and easy to troubleshoot with appropriate levels of automation
- Serve as the technical liaison between manufacturing and engineering for manufacturing test activities. Provides technical assistance in appropriate manufacturing test and inspection areas
- Develop test procedures and fixtures with the product design engineer. Designs and oversees test fixture construction
- Analyze processes, products, and inspection records to anticipate, identify, and correct problems.
- Prepare evaluation reports, analyze discrepancies, make recommendations for and initiate improvements for product, test equipment, procedures, and processes that improve quality, productivity and reduce flowtime.
- Evaluate opportunities for defect prevention based on standard or accepted technical practices and recommends preventive corrective actions.
- Assist in maintaining an inventory of manufacturing test fixtures including correlation, troubleshooting, and repair
- Assist in working with key suppliers on formulating test requirements.
- Care for company assets.
- Adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Performs duties as assigned.
Competencies for Position:
Education / Experience:
BS Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electronics Engineering Technology. Minimum five years of experience in electronics testing. Sound knowledge of theory and development of testing techniques. Excellent written, oral and presentation communication skills and ability to effectively listen and lead. Ability to work under minimal supervision with latitude for independent action and decision making.
Additional Desired Characteristics:
- Test development experience with RF based products is preferred.
- Experience writing test procedures
- Experience with National Instruments / LabVIEW based test environment
- Experience with six-sigma tools and techniques (e.g., FMEA, DOE, SPC, DFSS, etc.)
- Strong cross-functional collaboration and teamwork skills and project management skills
- Knowledge and experience in Design For Test (DFT) practices
- Experience with electronic test equipment design, including hardware and software
- Circuit design, simulation, and troubleshooting
- Experience in one or more relevant programming languages
- Deep understanding of electrical engineering standards and specifications
- Self-motivated, proactive, and the ability to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities
- Experience using MS Office Suite desktop applications, such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to organize work efficiently and establish priorities.
- Ability to lift, operate and instruct others in the use of tools and test equipment.
- Ability to independently construct and evaluate prototypes using hand and power tools.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Excellent compensation package including: medical, dental, vision, life, vacation, 401k with company match.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V E-Verify Company
Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
For consideration, send resume to email@example.com