"Our ELSAG LPR system provides officers a tool not only for tracking history but also for intercepting smugglers in transit and gives us additional information to corroborate evidence, travel history, and solidify their cases."
Trooper N., TX DPS
Securing borders presents law enforcement, customs enforcement and immigration enforcement with a unique set of challenges. These three units are tasked with keeping the homeland safe from human and drug trafficking, illegal immigration, terrorist activity and more, all while ensuring legitimate travel and commerce are not unreasonably delayed.
Leonardo's ELSAG ALPR systems have been developed specifically for mission critical operations that law enforcement and homeland security agencies face. End-user feedback is paramount to the continued development of both hardware and software offerings. From sales to installation to training to 24/7 service and support, our team is poised to make your ALPR program effective and efficient.
ALPR for border security: Features
- Scans license plates against a variety of databases on vehicles entering or exiting the border.
- Provides audible alerts to officers at the border and/or remote officers at a command center.
- Keeps the flow of traffic moving at border crossing sites through automated processes that reduce wait times.
- Uses high-performing optical character recognition (OCR) and infrared illumination to accurately read plates in all light and
- Calculates speed of vehicles and travel times.
- Provides solutions for remote border security. Not all illegal activity crossing the border happens at the border. A variety of options are available to conduct border security miles away from the physical border.
- Offers advanced analytics on the flow of traffic across the border via the ELSAG EOC data management platform.